The history of STACKFORCE GmbH began in 2002, when Prof. Dr.-Ing. Sikora from Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University Lörrach founded the Steinbeis Transfer Center for Embedded Design and Networking (stzedn). Since then, the team around Prof. Sikora has been working on various projects in the field of embedded conectivity. In 2005, Prof. Sikora additionally founded the Steinbeis Research Institute for Wireless Communication (sfidk) and in 2007, the Steinbeis Innovation Center for Embedded Design and Networking (sizedn) to also work on research projects.
In 2011 there was an important change. Prof. Sikora joined Offenburg University of Applied Sciences. Based on that step, the research projects were shifted to his team at the University Offenburg and the stzedn finally turned into a completely autonomous entity for design services and engineering. The next logical step was to found an independent company to offer embedded connectivity solutions: STACKFORCE GmbH was born.
SOME IMPORTANT MILESTONES ...
- 2002: Steinbeis Transfer Center for Embedded Design and Networking (stzedn) is founded.
- 2003: stzedn proudly presents the emBetter, an TCP/IPv4 protocol stack including web server (http) and many added-value features, e.g. smtp client, embetter management and configuration suite (emcs).
- 2003: The IT-Seminar Lörrach is launched, supported by the stzedn. IT Seminar is now part of phaenovum.
- 2005: The Steinbeis Research Institute for Wireless Communication (sfidk) is founded.
- 2006: The emBetter protocol stack is enhanced by SSL/TLS1.1.
- 2006: stzedn joins M2M Alliance.
- 2007: The Steinbeis Innovation Center for Embedded Design and Networking (sizedn) is founded.
- 2008: stzedn joins the EnOcean Alliance as an associate member.
- 2008: stzedn wins the M2M Award in the category Innovation for its TLS-to-everything approach.
- 2009: sizedn is invited to participate in Ko-FAS initiative, the largest German initiative for cooperative driving.
- 2011: stzedn launches its first version of its Wireless M-Bus protocol stack (EN 13757-4).
- 2011: stzedn joins OMS Group.
- 2011: Texas Instruments licenses the Wireless M-Bus protocol stack from stzedn.
- 2012: stzedn and its partner Phywe Systeme GmbH & Co KG are awarded with the Steinbeis Foundation’s transfer award – the Löhn Award
- 2014: STACKFORCE GmbH is founded.
- 2015: STACKFORCE joins LoRa Alliance.
- 2017: STACKFORCE joins partner network of SIGFOX.