The mioty® Protocol Stack is an extremely efficient and in particular robust solution for both, Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) and concentrated industrial networks. It implements the miniaturized Internet of Things (IoT) system mioty®, developed by Fraunhofer IIS. With the innovative technology of telegram splitting, it sets new standards to the field of wireless data transmission and is highly flexible in application areas.
Customers of our mioty® stack
mioty® is a rather new player at the field of wireless communication technologies, but nonetheless we are able to collect first customer experiences with this innovative and future-oriented technology.
OUR mioty® Stack ArchitecturE
The mioty® Protocol Stack is an implementation of ETSI Standard TS 103357, designed for operation of end points according to this standard. The stack can be operated inside (library version) or as (modem version) an embedded firmware for operation at a microcontroller or system-on-chip. The library version (object code) includes an example application and an example project for IDE and can be used in conjunction with an embedded operation system (OS) dedicated for microcontrollers, while the modem version (firmware / binary) includes a serial interface and power management.
(firmware / binary)
mioty® basically builds on the innovative telegram splitting technology, where the message is divided into subpackets at PHY level for transmission. This increases the propability that the whole telegram will be received, even if some of the subpackets are lost due to interference. Therefore, interference issues and coexistence problems with other radio networks are reduced to a minimum, so the Packet Error Rates (PER) is less than 1 % - In comparison with more than 10 % common Packet Error Rates.
Traditional LPWAN Solutions
transmission of the whole data packet
transmission of data subpackets
- Transmission range up to 15 km in flat terrain and up to 5 km in urban terrain
- Up to 1,5 mil telegrams per day
- Operates at licence-free Sub-GHz spectrum
- Up to 1 mil sensors
- Applicable for LPWAN or highly concentrated networks
- Independent of hardware
- Stationary or mobile application up to 120 km/h
- Innovative telegram splitting technology
- Highly resistant to interference (PER < 1 %)
- Implementing the new ETSI standard TS 103357
- Flexible API and interface for externalization of security functions
- Well-formed Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL)
- Unified look-and-feel of API for all protocol stacks
- All API functions available via well-proven serial interface with minimum overhead
- Support for several serial interfaces, like UART (default), SPI, I²C, ...
- For sensitive applications: AES encryption for serial interface
Support of hardware acceleration
If provided by the platform, the stack supports use of hardware acceleration, like:
- AES de- / encryption
- de- / encoding of Manchester, 3 out of 6, ...
Support of any type of non-volatile memory
- EEPROM, Flash, MRAM, ...
- Internal / external (e.g. connected via SPI)
Without doubt, mioty® is a high-performance technology with nearly endless potential by itself. But beyond that, wouldn't it be great to enhance the flexibility of your network and to be able to switch between mioty® aand other LPWAN technologies in just one stack? Or to benefit from the features of mioty® in a wireless M-Bus metering network? We make it possible!
Our Multi-Stacks offer the possibility to choose between several stacks and radio standards, such as mioty®, LoRaWAN®, wireless M-Bus, OMS, Sigfox and others. This flexible solution allows you to achieve maximum usability when you connect your product to the Internet of Things (IoT).
The wireless M-Bus Protocol Stack is compliant to the wireless M-Bus / OMS standard and additionally has professional support. It is optimized towards a compromise of small footprint, excellent modularity and scalability, combined with high functionality.
- First level support
- Easy commissioning and configuration
- Warranty and maintenance
- Ensures a high quality product